What is energy efficiency?
Improving energy efficiency means achieving a certain level of output using less energy (heat, light, kinetic) or increasing output without consuming more energy. In both cases, emissions of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere can be reduced.
What is renewable energy?
Renewable energy is energy which comes from natural sources, such as sunlight, wind, water, geothermal energy and biomass fuels. The advantage of these resources is that they are available in nearly unlimited quantities and their use does not pollute the environment.
How can investments in energy efficiency improvements improve your home?
- Reduce energy bills
- More efficient heating and cooling
- Better quality of life
- Avoid the risk of exposure to harmful substances
- Contribute to a healthy environment and reduce your impact on the environment by using renewable energy
How can investments in energy efficiency improvements improve your business?
- Lower energy consumption means lower energy costs
- Gain a competitive advantage by using energy-efficient machinery and equipment
- Optimise and automate operating processes to achieve greater efficiency and lower costs
- Create a healthier working environment
- More efficient management of resources
- Enhanced return on investment
- Encouraging rational use of resources by employees can lead to further improvements in efficiency
What is an ECO loan?
ECO loans are intended to finance investments that lead to energy savings, an increase in energy efficiency and a reduction in pollution of the atmosphere through CO2 emissions. ProCredit ECO loans can be used for investments in households and businesses.
What is eligible for financing with ECO loans?
In residential buildings or offices, ECO loans can finance projects such as:
- Improving insulation in both existing and new facilities
- Installing new windows and doors
- Solar panels for domestic water heating
- Centralised systems for heating, cooling and ventilation
- Efficient lighting, lamps and light systems
- Switching to more energy-efficient types of fuel
In the industrial and agricultural sector, ECO loans can finance projects such as:
- Investments in improving energy efficiency in both existing and new buildings
- Modernising vehicles in order to meet EKO4 and EKO5 standards; this includes tractors and trucks, highly efficient propulsion systems/electric motors)
- Purchasing energy-efficient equipment and machines for production
- Installing systems to automatically control heating, cooling, lighting, etc.
- Modernising compressed air systems
- Industrial energy-saving lighting systems
- Purchasing energy-efficient agricultural machines (combine harvesters, pickers, mills, rotary cultivators, etc.)
- Installing irrigation systems for agricultural production
- Systems for heating and climate control in greenhouses, etc.